ANGLO AMERICAN

BY RICHARD HURST
SOUTH Africa's Anglo American has announced that it has acquired a controlling share in Russian pulp and paper company Syktyvkar for US$252 million, with the company's subsidiary Mondi Europe buying a 68 per cent stake, leaving Anglo with 87.9 per cent of Syktyvkar's stock. The remaining 12.1 per cent will be held by management and financial investors.



Full access to this article can be arranged with permission from the client that first ordered it. Please contact us to request access. Entries are uploaded to our archive at least one year after being published by a client ā€“ free access is restricted to International News Services journalists for background research only. The article date indicates when copy was filed to a client, not when posted to this archive. Upon client requests, International News Services will remove such articles from the archive or not upload them in the first place. They are included to demonstrate the breadth of topics undertaken by the agency and also to help promote clientsā€™ coverage.